Meet Ronda Batchelor, the local DIY expert and home blogger taking over our Re-Design on a Dime feature. See the before and after of the dining area that Ronda created on just a $500 budget. With DIY, organization and interior design as her passions, Ronda is always working on another project. She uses a lot of second-hand materials to make her masterpieces come to life. Her projects have been featured in magazines including Better Homes and Gardens, This Old House Magazine, and Cottages and Bungalows.
Looking to add some glam to your fan? Ronda has just the thing in 3 easy steps!
Glam Your Fan
1. Spray paint all the blades Krylon Classic Gray in gloss.
• ProTip: Gloss makes it easier to clean.
2. Find a great template! Print it out, trace it and cut it out of cardboard. Then trace the outline onto the fan blades.
• Ronda used one from Jones Design Company available here: https://jonesdesigncompany.com/decorate/painted-wallpaper-a-tutorial/
3. Then just paint the lines with a small craft brush and light gray craft paint.
Ta-da, a whole new look in just minutes!
Visit her blog for more DIY ideas. And find tons of home project inspiration at the Deseret News Home Show, October 11-13 at the Mountain America Expo Center. We can’t wait to see you there!